Wednesday, July 12, 2006

shock and awe

Its been some week, here in Dubai.
The bomb blasts in Bombay have shocked the Indian populaiton . My boss is Indian as is my housemate, thankfully no one I know had any family or friends caught up in the carnage there as innocent cvilians were ripped to shreds as they travelled to work.
Then last night after the action of a terrorist group Hizbollah , the Isreali government has decided to attack Lebanon.
I work in a company where of the 350 of us about 50 are not lebanese.
Everyone here has family or freinds living there. They took out the airport early this morning so my MD could not travel to see his wife and two small babies who are living with his parents in the mountains for the summer.
People don't know what's going to happen next.
It makes me think how far away from home I am. It makes me think for all of the complaining we do about Ireland its a pretty safe and peaceful place to live.
I am glad I don't have to worry about my family, for now I just have to be supportive to my staff and to my friends.
Just was downstairs in our cafeteria and a guy walked in with his suitcase, he came from the airport where he was turned away from his flight to Beirut.
He was going for his wedding next week !!! Poor guy can you imagine his poor fiance.
We have the tv on in the cafe its a huge screen and the news is not good. Its really sad at work today .
Lets hope they are finished soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home